Diabetes - Deadly Complications
- Adults with diabetes have a 2-3-fold increased risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Combined with reduced blood flow, neuropathy (nerve damage) in the feet increases the chance of foot ulcers, infection and eventual need for limb amputation.
- Diabetic retinopathy is an important cause of blindness, and occurs as a result of long-term accumulated damage to the small blood vessels in the retina. 2.6% of global blindness can be attributed to diabetes.
- Diabetes is among the leading causes of kidney failure.
BEMC Health Program - Diabetes with Complications
Your Diabetes Management Programme will be delivered locally under the direct supervision of experts working in the National Health Service (NHS) UK. All our plans have been adopted from National Institute of Excellence (NICE) UK and World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.
Comprehensive 51 Point Diabetes Assessment
- Full Systems Examination
- Complete Cardiovascular Examination
- Respiratory System Examination
- Peripheral Vascular System Examination
- Peripheral Nervous System Examination
- Eyes Examination
- Genitourinary Systems Examination
- Risk Calculations
- BMI Calculations
- Viseral Fat Calculation
- Heart attack and Stroke risk Calculations
- Frailty and Falls risk calculations
- Blood Parameters
- FBC, UE, CRP, LFTs Lipid Profile, ACR, Bone Profile, HBA1C
- Psychological Assessment
- Clinical Activation Levels
- Psychological Assessments
- Psychosexual Assessments
- Diabetic Complications
- Detailed assessment of all the complications associated with Diabetes
Comprehensive Management - Diabetes & Complications
- Diet Plan
- Physical Activity Plan
- Management of Complications
- Risk Reduction Activities
Note: Please visit our clinic for full details of the Assessment and Management programme